(Maricopa County) Beginning October 1, Maricopa County’s Parks and Recreation Department will bring back the Buy One, Get One campaign! The campaign allows park visitors who pay the camping fee for one night, or more, at a desert mountain county park to receive one night of equal or lesser value for free at any of the county’s desert parks during that same stay.
“We take a lot of pride in our park system because it showcases so beautifully what’s unique about living in the desert southwest,” said Chairman Denny Barney, Maricopa County Board of Supervisors, District 1. “I know a lot of families are excited for the upcoming camping season, and I think the Buy One, Get One promotion is a great way to encourage people to unplug and get out in nature for a few days.”
To receive the free night, park visitors must contact the park they are planning to stay at either by phone or in person. The promotion will be applied to stays booked between October 1 and November 10, 2017. Reservations booked online or before the August 1 launch of the campaign are not eligible.
“While this promotion is not valid for reservations made online, I’d like to remind park visitors that they can still book their spring visit up to six months prior to arrival via the reservation system. The system allows visitors to take virtual tours of the campsites, view campsite specifications and reserve their favorite spots from the comfort of their home computers and laptops. Online reservations may be made at www.maricopacountyparks.org,” said R.J. Cardin, Maricopa County Parks and Recreation Director.
Participating parks include:
- Cave Creek Regional Park. Located north of Phoenix, this park offers the illusion of being miles away from civilization. The campground has 38 individual developed campsites. Reservations may be booked by calling (623) 465-0431.
- Estrella Mountain Regional Park. Located near the meeting of the Gila and Agua Fria Rivers in the southwest Valley, the park includes a large wetland area. The park also offers seven developed campsites. Reservations may be booked by calling
- McDowell Mountain Regional Park. Nestled in the lower Verde River basin, this park is a desert jewel in the northeast Valley. This park has 76 developed campsites that are perfect for RV or tent camping. Reservations may be booked by calling (480) 471-0173.
- Usery Mountain Regional Park. Located on the Valley’s east side, this park is located at the western end of the Goldfield Mountains, adjacent to the Tonto National Forest. The park offers 74 individual developed campsites which can accommodate either an RV or tent camping. Reservations may be booked by calling (480) 984-0032.
- White Tank Mountain Regional Park. At nearly 30,000 acres, this is the largest regional park in Maricopa County. Most of the park is made up of the rugged and beautiful White Tank Mountains on the Valleys west side. The park offers 40 individual developed campsites for tent or RV camping. Reservations may be booked by calling (623) 935-2505.
At approximately 120,000 acres, Maricopa County is home to one of the largest regional park system in the United States. The parks are located throughout the county and are all within a 45-minute drive from downtown Phoenix. Some restrictions do apply. To learn more about this offer or a county park, visit www.maricopacountyparks.net or phone (602) 506-2930.
- Visitors interested in taking advantage of this offer must contact the park directly either by phone, or in person. The call directory at (602) 506-2930, can assist in directing you to the park you are interested in, and you will be redirected to the park to book your campsite reservation.
- Online reservations: Any and all online reservations are not eligible for the Buy One, Get One offer.
- Reservation extensions: Extensions are eligible for the Buy One, Get One offer if booked during the identified promotion dates either in person or via telephone.
- Offer valid only for designated camping spaces only.
- Offer not valid for primitive camping, group campground reservations, or unit fees.
- Limit of one free night per family, household and/or group in a seven day period (Monday through Sunday).
- Rain checks will not be issued if space is not available.
- Refunds and credits will not be issued to individuals who reserved campsites prior to August 1 for the October 1 through November 10, 2017 timeframe.
- Offer not valid at Lake Pleasant Regional Park.
- Offer is only valid for camping stays between October 1 through November 10, 2017.